Visit Picos and de Europa Pyrenees
This is an opportunity to ride the Picos Mountains of Northern Spain and the Pyrenees and the Central Massif volcanic region of France. This is a fully escorted bike trip from the moment you arrive at the port of Portsmouth for the ferry trip to Santander in Spain. The tour will be carried out at a moderate riding pace and will take into account the abilities of all the riders on tour. The routes have been extensively researched. We will have two guides in each group with a tail-end rider as well so there is no need for you to refer to road books or maps. After a 24 hour ferry crossing we arrive in Santander in the early evening in time for a visit to the tapas bars and an overnight stay before the riding starts the following day. There will be a pre-tour briefing the next morning before setting off into the Picos Mountains of Northern Spain taking in some fabulous roads before arriving at our hotel for the following night. Your ferry crossing is included in the quoted price with a shared Cabin on the Santander Crossing. If you do not want to share a cabin then a supplement will be charged. Lunches, evening meals and daily refreshments are not included. Overnight accommodation will be on a B&B basis in 3* independent hotels. Please contact us for more details – remember there are limited places on this motorbike holiday.
- Tour Duration: 9 day fully escorted tour led by experienced British guides – who speak French (and some Spanish!)
- Estimated costs: £1450 (Unless you arrive on the Sunday then it is £850.00)
- Deposit required: A deposit of £195 per person is payable upon booking with the balance payable 8 weeks before departure.
What Is Included
We will then continue to ride through the Picos Mountains and stay a second night in Spain in Logrono, the capital of the Rioja wine region. The evening here is at your leisure and our hotel is ideally placed to enjoy the numerous restaurants and bars. The following day a ride through the Pyrenees, over the Col D’Aubisque, will see us staying overnight in Lourdes, the destination for over 5 million visitors each year, believing its’ sanctuaries to have healing properties. This evening is at your leisure again. Continuing through France the following day and taking in the magnificent roads and scenery, there will be a stop off at Aroudor Sur Glane, the French town destroyed by the SS during the Second World War. We then ride on to the Central Massif region of France before our final destination at the Chateau de Beaulieu in Normandy where we spend the final two days visiting the sights of WW2, before returning to Poole via Cherbourg arriving at 10 pm. This tour will have a maximum of fourteen bikes and we always stop at regular intervals to enjoy the scenery and take photographs. There will also be stops to enjoy refreshments and lunch as well as re-fuelling.
- This tour is best enjoyed by: Intermediate to Experienced riders.
- Costs include: 8 night hotel accommodation with breakfast in a shared room with en-suite facilities. * Single room supplement £245. Tour Information Pack (to include itinerary, hotels, explanation of routes, contact details etc.)
- Road Type: Approx. riding stats: Total 1500 miles; longest day 260 miles avoiding Motorways where possible to make the most of quieter roads.
Contact us today, we look forward to hearing from you
Places to visit
Explore Spain and all of its beauty